Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My first trip to the nurse.

Weather was significantly different to what I had been exposed to in Amsterdam. It was beautiful weather anyway you looked at it. Maybe a bit too beautiful. I started itching. Developed hives on both of my arms. In fact, my limbs were swelling at the wrist.
Well, obviously this must be a disease only a foreigner could bring in. Off to the nurse who was babbling all kinds of stuff. Wanted to take my temperature, but not really comfortable to touch me. I tried to explain that I was not concerned. To them it had to be measles or something contagious. It was weird to think there was even a nurse at school. She had no solution, I think. How would I ever know.
I came home an explained the incident to my mother. In her own loving way, she washed my arms and gave me a cold wash cloth to put on my arms. Like magic the hives disappeared. I knew in my heart I had the best doctor available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment