Sunday, January 24, 2010

First TV

We always played outside all day. All the kids in the neighborhood would gather. I was the runt of the group, but they always included me. I could play as spek (bacon) which essentially meant whatever I did would not count, but I could play along.
Well, I finally got my power. My house was the proud owner of a brand new television. No one else had such a luxury. And on Saturday afternoon at 4:30 there was a children's program featuring a hamster. it was on for 45 minutes (no commercials). It was the only TV there was until night. The government owned the only TV channels then. Programming was rather limited. But on Saturday afternoon I was no longer spek, since I invited my friends to watch the show. Forty-five minutes of fame and I had to give up m mother for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment