Sunday, February 7, 2010

SuperBowl

The great game makes me reflect on my childhood. When my mother was working so we could come to the United States my dad took me to his soccer games every Sunday. I would be there nearly all day. the blessing of this was that I had an open account at the snackbar. On cold days I would sip the soup. And then there was sodas, candy, and more junk. All this on my own. I was totally oblivious that I was by myself. I felt like the queen of the soccer field. I didn't know any difference. Snow, rain, cold, and sometimes sunny, off I was to the soccer game.
Perhaps one of my more memorable day was when we were riding home on my dad's bike. I sat on the handle bar. The streets were icy. My dad took a turn and there we slid to the street. We were both a bit shocked, but like anything else we rebounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment