Monday, May 30, 2011

Girl Scouts

In the beginning of fifth grade there was a flyer for Girl Scouts. But too no avail, there was no such group where I lived. But I could join Campfire Girls. I didn't care one way or the other. I just wanted to belong. None of the students were from my school. Now that I think about it, they all attended private school. So I went to the first meeting. It was on Judah Street. I walked. I really liked the leader and she was interested in me. I told my story. After a few times, I was invited to dinner. They had a Jaguar. We went up and down the hills of San Francisco. It was at night. My parents felt safe because I was with adults. I was suppose to be impressed. I was not. I did like all the special attention I was getting. I never thought that not everybody would be treated that way. I do remember a backyard; which is unusual for S.F., and I remember a see-saw. I remembered liking their son and we would often ride that see-saw. I remember nothing about the girl. I don't even know her name. I did remember watching out the front window and watching the street cars go by. I was fascinated.
I can't remember what else we did, but I remember that ride. So that was part of my extra-curricular activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment