Thursday, April 1, 2010

Aftermath of injured foot

Well, I couldn't be kept out of school. I loved learning and socializing so much. So I hobbled on one foot to school' twoo blocks over and seven blocks down. The pain never seemed to overwhelm the notion of going to school. Mind you, when I got there, I would have to climb two stories.
Right before lunch I got a message that I was not to go out to the yard to have lunch. I was to report to the principal's office. Now what did I do? Well, actually , nothing. She pointed out how lucky I was to have lunch with her on a daily basis, because doctor's orders were for me not to play outside. She was more than friendly by now, not surprisingly. she was probably mortified that if she handled the situation incorrectly. I soon lost my appetite. The dreaded thought of eating on a daily basis with the person who I so infuriated me was a natural diuretic. One day in the office, and charming as she could ever be. Sweet, and fakely warm. I was antsy to see my friends, even if it meant sitting on a bench. Of course, I wouldn't be doing that, but it sounded good.
I came home and told Mom of my disastrous day in the office and was I going to be punished forever? As you can imagine, my lunch with the witch was quickly suspended.

No comments:

Post a Comment