Thursday, May 20, 2010

Awards and more awards

The group I hung around with was quite competitive. Joe arranged for us to have numerous competitions. We played four square, two square, and roller skating from one end of the playground to the other.
Kathy was perhaps the most athletic of us all, but I was determined to beat her at whatever she did. First was the softball throw, and boy could I throw. Then it was the competition for four-squre and two-square. More aggressive I could not be.
My last competition was of great concern. I naturally was not known to be fleet of foot. Kathy was, and that presented a threat. We had a race on roller skates and I could not let her get ahead of me. My legs never moved faster to keep up with my challenge. She stumbled and I took advantage of that. In the end I miraculously won.
I now was the proud owner of the playground competition of Columbus School. Incredibly, I still have all those certificates.
Good memories of the schoolyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment